|Creation||July 6, 2008|
|Debut||TF2 Crab Spy|
The Spycrab (alt. Spy Crab, Crab Spy) is a creature that resembles a Spy, but walks like a crab.
Spycrabs appear as normal Spies, but they usually move whilst crouching. Most of the time they hold their arms upwards, with hands assuming pincer-like pose.
Personality and Behaviour
Both BLU and RED Spycrabs are peaceful creatures. They commonly migrate from point to point during the mating season. They are quite docile and harmless when unprovoked.
However, they are known to gather into sizeable groups at times when they are particularly endangered. Usually they merely chase off the aggressors, but in rare cases they resort to fight back.
Powers and Abilities
Spycrabs are apparently amphibious creatures, and feel comfortable both on dry land and in bodies of water. While they most likely cannot swim, it is presumed they simply traverse the bottoms of lakes and seas, breathing underwater.
They can attack with their pincer-like hands, and are capable of utilising sappers like normal Spies. Overall, Spycrabs don't possess any special powers.
Faults and Weaknesses
- Spycrabs are very poor fighters, unable to fend off most assailants unless in a large group.
- They are rather slow and not very durable, so they can be easily hunted by organized groups of mercenaries, not to mention many other TF2 Freaks.
- Spycrab is older than Vagineer by about 6 months, but because its nature as a full-fledged TF2 Freak is arguable, it is not widely considered the eldest Freak in favour of the latter.
- Spycrab is the only Freak whose existence is subtly acknowledged within Team Fortress 2 proper, not counting community-made modes. A Spy player with the Disguise Kit equipped has a 16% chance to activate the "Spycrab taunt".
- Interestingly, Spycrab has rather few proper Garry's Mod and Source Filmmaker video appearances, since most of the time they "appear" in Team Fortress 2 replays. However, most of the proper videos have surprisingly high view counts, approaching several hundred thousand.