|Creation||27 April 2011|
|Fighting style||All ranges|
Limited flight capability
|Enemies||The Mastermind Vagineer|
"You are a mistake of nature!"
Personality and Behaviour
As an experimental cybernetic warrior whose success was initially dubious at best, Proto-Soldine used to be a silly and unpredictable individual with a number of distinct quirks. He had a tendency to adopt awkward poses whilst walking and usually stood hunched over, with his arms dangling and head tilted to one side. He had a strange obsession with fruits, like watermelons and oranges, and was prone to violence when deprived of them.
Nevertheless, Proto-Soldine was good-natured and took seriously his mission to protect others. Relentless and severe in combat, he actively pursued and fought evil TF2 Monsters and other wicked beings.
Powers and Abilities
Due to his cybernetic enhancements Proto-Soldine's overall fitness and durability were noticeably improved in comparison to regular Soldiers. He was stronger, tougher and faster than a normal human and was capable of leaping considerable distances.
Furthermore, he had a pair of retractable submachine guns installed in his arms and a rocket launcher which he could fire from his rear end as means of ranged combat. In addition, he could shoot both of his fists as impromptu projectiles.
Proto-Soldine already possessed the experimental steam-propelled flight capability, which allowed him to travel some distances or fly above the current battlefield to get a better firing position.
Faults and Weaknesses
- Despite his implants and enhancements, Proto-Soldine's overall combat prowess was relatively limited. Seeing as he was easily defeated by a BLU Vagineer, he was a mid-rank TF2 Freak.
- Due to his quirky programming he was prone to some behaviours which hindered his fighting capability, and his silliness rendered him susceptible to clever tactics and ambushes.
- Like other cybernetic and robotic TF2 Freaks, he was vulnerable to EMPs and electricity.
- This early incarnation of Soldine was generally a conceptual mixture of Scombine and Painis Cupcake.
- His creator had considered naming him "Solbine", but ultimately did not like the way it sounded and decided otherwise.
- Proto-Soldine had been initially supposed to use twin Team Fortress 2 Sniper's SMGs, but since at that time his creator did not know how to make them fire, he used the default GMod turrets instead.