|Creation||13 July 2015|
|Abilities||Peak human fitness|
|Weaknesses||Limited combat power|
|Superiors||Dr. Schadenfreude (Supreme)|
Aberrants are a small army of GRY TF2 Monsters consisting of Demomen, Pyros, Spies and Soldiers, engineered by Dr. Schadenfreude through genetic experiments. They were created by YouTube user SarisKhan.
The Aberrants are GRY Demomen, Pyros, Spies and Soldiers who usually wear eerie white masks to conceal their malformed faces. They tend to assume somewhat primal poses and some of them move on all fours.
The Aberrants were the first TF2 Monsters created by Dr. Schadenfreude. Like Golem, Razor and Shriek, they are a result of granting regular GRY mercenaries special abilities through genetic engineering. However, whereas the aforementioned trio are successful specimens, the Aberrants are unstable semi-failures due to the imperfection of the underdeveloped method used to create them.
Once the advancements that made Razor and his team reliable were achieved, Schadenfreude returned to his older experiments and salvaged them into a fairly functional state. Afterward, he began a cloning procedure, possible thanks to the relatively simple genetic make-up of the Aberrants, in order to form a small army to replace the obsolete synth soldiers.
Personality and Behaviour
Vicious and feral, the Aberrants are extremely hostile and dangerous savages. It is important to note, however, that they are not mindless brutes. While simple-minded, they are obedient toward their superiors and occurrences of infighting are unheard of. Furthermore, whereas they are unable to devise complex plans on their own, their in-combat behaviour may be likened to that of clever predators. Additionally, they can serve as fairly competent sentries. They do not generally experience fear and attack far stronger opponents without hesitation.
Powers and Abilities
One shared trait of the Aberrants in terms of combat capacity is their peak human fitness. Their strength, durability, stamina, agility and speed all represent the upper limit of what a human may theoretically achieve through strenuous training.
Other than that, the Aberrants possess a wide variety of more or less exotic superpowers, including the ability to cast lightning, fire or ice, enhanced agility, flight, teleportation and invisibility among many others. Each Aberrant has only one special ability at his disposal.
Faults and Weaknesses
- As it has been already mentioned, the Aberrants are unintelligent and their semi-animalistic behaviour may hinder their combat efficiency at times.
- Their physical fitness does not compare to that of many mid- and high-rank TF2 Monsters, and the power of their special abilities is limited.
- In addition, each Aberrant's superpower may be countered with appropriate measures.
- The idea to create an army of generic TF2 Monsters who serve Dr. Schadenfreude was partly inspired by Pencer's robotic army. Another reason was simply to create a high number of "generic" TF2 Monsters with a variety of special abilities.
- Destroyer is technically an Aberrant, but due to his uniqueness and immense power he is not grouped with them.
- The Aberrants were originally supposed to wear matching Halloween Masks. However, due to the issues with their faces protruding from beneath the masks even when attached with the Bonemerger tool, the creator decided to replace them with the Phantom Facade from the Night of the Living Update pack. This is the same type of mask Team Killer dons. There is no relation between him and the Aberrants, though.
- There was a single unique Aberrant Pyro who wore Foster's Facade.